Date and Time
Sunday, March 20, 2016
7:00 AM – Race-day registration and packet pick-up opens
8:00 AM – Start of half mile "Beat the Smoothie Cup" kids' race
8:20 AM – Start of 5K race
Lafreniere Park, Metairie
The Smoothie King course is inside Lafreniere Park.Course Map
Awards will be distributed shortly after the race. There is no duplication of awards – Overall, Youth, Master, Grandmaster, and Senior award winners are not eligible for age group awards.
- 1st Overall Male and Female
- 1st Youth Male and Female (15 and under)
- 1st Master Male and Female (40 and over)
- 1st Grandmaster Male and Female (50 and over)
- 1st Senior Male and Female (60 and over)
- 1st Racewalker Male and Female
- 1st and 2nd Male and Female in age groups 15 and under, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, and 80 and over
Half Mile Kids' Race Awards
- 1st and 2nd Male and Female in age groups 5 and under, 6-9, and 10-12
It is the responsibility of athletes that finish in the awards to note any necessary corrections on race day. If an error is discovered post-race we'll be happy to correct your results and update the website accordingly. However, if you do not inform us of this issue before your award is given out we will no longer have an award to give to you and we can't remake awards.
Timing and Scoring
The races will be electronically timed and scored. You must wear your race bib and D-tag properly to be scored. Your race bib must be worn on the front of your torso and be visible at the finish line. Your D-tag must be worn properly on one of your shoes. See Chronotrack D-Tag Instructions for details.
Preliminary results will be posted at the race site at the conclusion of the race. Full results will be published on the NOTC web site after the race.
Official race results are scored by gun time. Net (or chip) times are published for informational purposes only.
T-shirts guaranteed to pre-registered participants only. Shirts to late and race-day registrants while supplies last.
Registration is open to NOTC members and nonmembers alike. All participants must be registered and wear an official race bib while on the course.
- $15.00 – Registered thru January 27
- $20.00 – Registered January 28 thru February 10
- $25.00 – Registered February 11 thru February 24
- $30.00 – Registered February 25 thru March 14
- $35.00 – Race day registration
- $20.00 – Registered thru January 27
- $25.00 – Registered January 28 thru February 10
- $30.00 – Registered February 11 thru February 24
- $35.00 – Registered February 25 thru March 14
- $35.00 – Race day registration
- $15.00 – Registered thru March 14
- $20.00 – Race day registration
- $50.00 – Registered thru March 14
- No late or race day registration
Family registration is available to NOTC member families registered thru March 14 only and includes registration for two adults and other family members age 20 and under living in the same household. Separate entry forms are required for each family member.
Entry fees are non-refundable. Sorry, no exceptions.
Online registration is now closed.
Fax and Email Registration
Copies of completed hard-copy entry forms may be faxed or emailed to the NOTC office with payment by credit card only.Fax: 504-304-2327
Faxed or emailed entries must be received by Friday, March 11.
Completed hard-copy entry forms may be mailed along with payment by check or credit card to:New Orleans Track Club
PO Box 52003
New Orleans, LA 70152-2003
Mailed entries must be postmarked by Friday, March 11.
Race Day Registration
Race day registration will be available at the race site starting at 7:00 AM. Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card. Credit card must be presented.
Early packet pickup will be available Saturday, March 19, from 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM at the Smoothie King located at 2222 Clearview Pkwy in Metairie.
Race-day packet pickup will start at 7:00 AM at the race site.
For your safety and the safety of others the NOTC and the RRCA discourage the use of headphones during the running or walking of the event.