The Great St Charles Ave Road Race
5K, Kids' Half-Mile – NOTC Grand Prix Series Event
Saturday, April 6, 2013, 8:00 AM
De La Salle High School, New Orleans, LA
The Great St Charles Ave Road Race is open to all runners and walkers, NOTC members and nonmembers alike.
Date and Time
Saturday, April 6, 2013
7:00 AM – Race-day registration and packet pick-up opens
8:00 AM – Kids' Half-Mile start
8:20 AM – 5K start
Pre- and post-race activities will be at De La Salle High School at 5300 Saint Charles Ave in New Orleans, LA.
The 5K and Kids' Half-Mile courses are out and back on beautiful Saint Charles Ave with a stretch inside Audubon Park. The 5K course will close and reopen to vehicular traffic one hour after the start.
Awards will be distributed shortly after the race. There is no duplication of awards: Overall, Youth, Master, Grandmaster, and Senior award winners are not eligible for age group awards.
- 1st Overall Male and Female
- 1st Youth Male and Female (15-Under)
- 1st Master Male and Female (40-Over)
- 1st Grandmaster Male and Female (50-Over)
- 1st Senior Male and Female (60-Over)
- 1st Racewalker Male and Female
- 1st, 2nd Male and Female in Age Groups 15-Under, 16-19, 20-24 through 65-69 and 70-Over
Kids' Half-Mile Awards
- 1st, 2nd Male and Female in Age Groups 6-Under, 7-9, and 10-12
Timing and Scoring
The races will be electronically timed and scored. You must wear your race bib and D-tag properly to be scored. Your race bib must be worn on the front of your torso and be visible at the finish line. Your D-tag must be worn properly on one of your shoes. See Chronotrack D-Tag Instructions for details.
Preliminary results will be posted at the race site at the conclusion of the race. Full results will be published on the NOTC web site on the morning following the race.
T-shirts will be distributed to preregistered entrants on race day beginning at 7:00 AM. Race-day entrants may pick up their shirt after the race while supplies lasts. You must have your official race number with the T-shirt tab to receive a shirt.
T-shirt size and availability only guaranteed to pre-registered entrants.
Registration is open to NOTC members and nonmembers alike. All participants must be registered and wear an official race bib while on the course. Packet pickup will begin at 7:00 AM on race day.
- 5K NOTC Members
- $20 – Registered by March 17, 2013
- $25 – Registered March 18 through March 31, 2013
- $35 – Registered after March 31, 2013
- 5K Non-Members
- $25 – Registered by March 17, 2013
- $30 – Registered March 18 through March 31, 2013
- $35 – Registered after March 31, 2013
- 5K NOTC Family
- $50 – Registered by March 31, 2013
- Kids' Half-Mile
- $10 – Kids 12 and under registered by March 31, 2013
- $15 – Kids 12 and under registered after March 31, 2013
Family registration is available to preregistered NOTC member families only and includes registration for two adults and other family members age 17 and under living in the same household. Separate entry forms are required for each family member. Family registration includes two T-shirts; additional T-shirts are available for family members for $5 each.
Online registration is open through Sunday, March 31, 2013.
Completed hard-copy entry forms may be mailed along with payment by check or credit card to:
New Orleans Track Club
PO Box 52003
New Orleans, LA 70152-2003
Mailed entries must be received by Sunday, March 31, 2013.
Fax and Email Registration
Copies of completed hard-copy entry forms may be faxed or emailed to the NOTC office with payment by credit card only.
Faxed or emailed entries must be received by Sunday, March 31, 2013.
In-store registrations are payable by check or credit card only.
- GNO Cyclery, 1426 S. Carrollton Ave, New Orleans
- Louisiana Running, 4153 Canal St, New Orleans
- Phidippides Footwear, 6601 Veterans Blvd, Metairie
- Sneaker Shop, 904 Harrison Ave, New Orleans
- Southern Runner, 6112 Magazine St, New Orleans
- Varsity Sports, 3450 Magazine St, New Orleans
- Varsity Sports, 1200 S Clearview Pkwy, Elmwood
In-store registration will close Friday, March 29, 2013.
Race Day Registration
Race day registration will be available at the race site starting at 7:00 AM. Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card. Credit card must be presented.
Race-day packet pickup will open at 7:00 AM at the race site.
For your safety and the safety of others the NOTC and the RRCA discourage the use of headphones during the running or walking of the event.