26th Annual Spillway Classic Trail Run
Sunday, July 14, 2013, 8:00 AM
Bonnet Carre Spillway, Norco, LA
Sponsored by Mississippi River Equipment Co, Inc.
This 3 mile course is run through the woods of the Bonnet Carre Spillway and is one of the oldest trail runs in the country.
Medals to the top 1000 finishers.
The Spillway Classic Trail Run is open to all runners and walkers, NOTC members and nonmembers alike.
Date and Time
Sunday, July 14, 2013
7:00 AM – Race-day registration and packet pick-up opens
8:00 AM – 3 Mile start
Pre- and post-race activities will at the Boat Launch Pavilion at the Bonnet Carre Spillway in Norco, LA.
The course begins near the Spillway Boat Launch Pavilion. From there, it follows the Lower Guide Levee Rd. for about 1.3 miles before descending into the "Gauntlet" (photos). After the Gauntlet the course returns via the mountain bike trails that parallel the bayou. The trails will be marked, and they generally follow the map found here:
Awards will be distributed shortly after the race. There is no duplication of awards.
- 1st-3rd Overall Male and Female
- 1st Youth Male and Female (15-Under)
- 1st Master Male and Female (40-Over)
- 1st Grandmaster Male and Female (50-Over)
- 1st Senior Male and Female (60-Over)
- Dirtiest Finisher
- Medals to the top 1000 finishers
Timing and Scoring
The races will be electronically timed and scored. You must wear your race bib and B-tag properly to be scored. Your race bib must be worn on the front of your torso and be visible at the finish line.
Preliminary results will be posted at the race site at the conclusion of the race. Full results will be published on the NOTC web site on the afternoon following the race.
T-shirts will be distributed to preregistered entrants on race day beginning at 7:00 AM. Race-day entrants may pick up their shirt after the race while supplies lasts. You must have your official race number with the T-shirt tab to receive a shirt.
T-shirt size and availability only guaranteed to pre-registered entrants.
Registration is open to NOTC members and nonmembers alike. All participants must be registered and wear an official race bib while on the course.
- $20 – NOTC Member registered by July 7, 2013
- $25 – Nonmember registered by July 7, 2013
- $20 – Youth (17 and under) registered by July 7, 2013
- $60 – NOTC Family registered by July 7, 2013
- $30 – All entrants registered after July 7, 2013
Family registration is available to preregistered NOTC member families only and includes registration for two adults and other family members age 17 and under living in the same household. Separate entry forms are required for each family member. Family registration includes two T-shirts; additional T-shirts are available for family members for $5 each.
Online registration is open through Sunday, July 7, 2013.
Fax and Email Registration
Copies of completed hard-copy entry forms may be faxed or emailed to the NOTC office with payment by credit card only.
Faxed or emailed entries must be received by Sunday, July 7, 2013.
Completed hard-copy entry forms may be mailed along with payment by check or credit card to:
New Orleans Track Club
PO Box 52003
New Orleans, LA 70152-2003
Mailed entries must be received by Friday, July 5, 2013.
In-store registrations are payable by check or credit card only.
- GNO Cyclery, 1426 S. Carrollton Ave, New Orleans
- Louisiana Running, 4153 Canal St, New Orleans
- Phidippides Footwear, 6601 Veterans Blvd, Metairie
- Sneaker Shop, 904 Harrison Ave, New Orleans
- Southern Runner, 6112 Magazine St, New Orleans
- Varsity Sports, 3450 Magazine St, New Orleans
In-store registration will close Tuesday, July 2, 2013.
Late and Race Day Registration
Late registration will be available at packet pickup. Race day registration will be available at the race site starting at 7:00 AM. Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card. Credit card must be presented.
Late registration will be available at packet pickup.
- Friday July 12th: 3pm-7pm at the NOTC office (Coca Cola Building @ 1050 S. Jefferson Davis Parkway New Orleans, LA 70125)
- Saturday July 13th: 2pm-6pm at the race site (Bonnet Carre Spillway off of Airline Highway in Norco, LA)
- Sunday July 14th: Race morning starting at 7am
For your safety and the safety of others the NOTC and the RRCA discourage the use of headphones during the running or walking of the event.
The 26th Annual Spillway Classic Trail Run is sponsored by Mississippi River Equipment Co, Inc., Pile Driving Equipment and Accessories with the Worlds Largest Inventory of MKT Vibratory Hammers. Phone: 985-764-1194 Fax: 985-764-1196 N.O. Line: 523-3997. 520 Goodhope St./P.O. Box 249 Norco, La. 70079. President: J.J. Waguespack.