32nd Annual YMCA Corporate Cup
Second Line for Literacy 5K and Kids' Half-Mile Run
Sunday, December 2, 2012, 8:30 AM
City Park, New Orleans, LA
Presented by Capital One Bank
The YMCA Corporate Cup and Second Line for Literacy 5K is open to all runners and walkers, YMCA and NOTC members and nonmembers alike.
Date and Time
Sunday, December 2, 2012
7:30-8:15 AM – Race-day registration and packet pick-up
8:30 AM – Start of 5K race
8:35 AM – Start of Half-Mile (immediately following the 5K)
Practice Track, City Park, New Orleans, LA
The 5K course starts on Roosevelt Mall and finishes on the practice track. The Kids' Half-Mile race is run entirely on the practice track.
Corporate Cup Teams
- Division I - up to 100 employees - Red
- Division II - 101 to 500 employees - Blue
- Division III - over 500 employees - Black
- Division IV - Military/Uniform - Green
- Open Division - Open - Purple
- Team members for Divisions I-IV must meet employment criteria.
- The team's score is an accumulation of each team member's place of finish.
- Electronic scoring tags must be worn properly by each team participant.
Corporate Cup Team Awards
- YMCA Corporate Cup to the team with the lowest score
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each divisions
- Best team T-shirt and costume
- School Spirit award to the school with the most participants
Individual 5K Awards
- 1st-5th overall male and female
- 1st place in 10-year age groups
Individual Half-Mile Awards
- Ribbons to all finishers
Timing and Scoring
The races will be electronically timed and scored. You must wear your race bib and D-tag properly to be scored. Your race bib must be worn on the front of your torso and be visible at the finish line. Your D-tag must be worn properly on one of your shoes. See Chronotrack D-Tag Instructions for details.
Preliminary results will be posted at the race site at the conclusion of the race. Full results will be published on the NOTC web site on the day of the race.
Registration is open to YMCA and NOTC members and nonmembers alike. All participants must be registered and wear an official race bib while on the course.
Race numbers may be picked up at early Packet Pickup or on race day.
- Corporate Cup Team - four team members, any age and gender
- $100 – Registered by November 2, 2012
- $120 – Late registration November 3-18, 2012
- No team registration after November 18, 2012
- Individual 5K - for 13 and over
- $25 – Registered by November 2, 2012
- $30 – Late registration November 3 through race day
- Kid's Half-Mile - for kids aged 2-12
- $10 – Registered by November 2, 2012
- $15 – Late registration November 3 through race day
Online registration is open through Sunday, November 18, 2012 for team registrations and through Sunday, November 25, 2012 for individual registrations.
Mailed or Faxed Entries
Mailed or faxed entries must be received by 9:00 AM Monday, November 19, 2012. Mail to New Orleans Track Club, PO Box 52003, New Orleans, LA 70152-2003 with payment by check or credit card. Fax to 504-304-2327 with payment by credit card only.
Race Day Registration
Race day registration will be available for the individual 5K and Kid's Half-Mile only at the race site 7:30-8:15 AM. Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card. Credit card must be presented.
Skip the lines on race day by picking up your race packet early. Visit the New Orleans Track Club office at the Old Coca-Cola Building, 1050 S. Jefferson Davis Pkwy. Thursday or Friday, November 29-30, from noon until 6:00 PM to pick up your race bib and T-shirt.
Race-day packet pickup will be available 7:30-8:15 AM at the race site.
For your safety and the safety of others the NOTC and the RRCA discourage the use of headphones during the running or walking of the event.
The 32nd Annual YMCA Corporate Cup is presented by:
Also sponsored by: